Thursday 24 May 2012

You have a role to play...

Every day we go to work, do we live to work or work to live.  I love my day job, it is challenging and makes me work hard to succeed.  But the reality is that I work to live. 

If I could make a full time job out of what I love, I would be working on SOSA full time.  I love being involved in the community, I love even more to see the smiles on faces when someone comes to a SOSA event and leaves happy.  Either from experiencing something for the first time, having fun doing an activity or just because they got out and took everything in.

In the months ahead, I will be fortunate enough to be a part of a great team that will deliver fun, exciting and family focused events.  From a food bank drive for babies, a soapbox derby for fathers and their children to the annual picnic.

What I hope, and ask for, is for everone to think about what they can do to help make these great activities a success.  If it is making a food bank donation, helping your child build their soapbox car, volunteering on the side of the track or coming to the picnic, each of these activities is important.  Find your way, play a part and... yes, I know you have heard it before, help make St Albert THE great place to be and live!

If I don't get a chance to tell you on the trail, thanks for playing a part.  It really does make a difference.

Cheryl MacKenzie, Chair
Spirit of St Albert

No comments:

Post a Comment